Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Louis: “Ideally we would have one music stage, one workshop/dance performances area and a little market (food/art).
    Also we can have an official bar selling beers, other types of drinks (smoothies/juices) and snacks, all using re-usable cups and eco-friendly containers. I’d also love to promote some eco-friendly concepts like the plastic recycling and of course vegetarian food stalls, also to try and get everybody to clean up after the party on Sunday while having fun.”

Jonny: “The gathering should be a response to CoVid, not in spite of CoVid.”

Jonny Wold

Louis: “Tickets sold $1,500 at the door and $1,300 pre-sale sounds like a decent price. If we can gather around 100/150 people that gives us a decent budget for all the event expenses including artists, material rental (sound, gazebos, tables for bar etc.) and hopefully leftovers. Also interactive art installations could be interesting, such as puzzles, projection of colored liquids etc”

“Jonny: “Max tickets sales 200, as there are extra requirements (fire/safety, health, tax) if we go above that number. That would be about max capacity for the land, anyway.”

Jonny Wold

Louis: ” We are not in it for the money, BUT we can’t afford to be losing any. Considering that at least 100 people – artists, volunteers and guests – will be participating and not pay a ticket (we actually have to pay some of them), it will be very hard to gather those 200 ticket holders we talked about, trust me on that. It isn’t a commercial festival, we have no big names to attract a larger crowd, and on top of that we have this virus situation that makes things uncertain for everybody. So if we want it to be a success, the best would be to agree on a date further away, so Annik and I can start the online promoting and attract more people. As soon as we make it official, I can reach out to artists/performers/vendors.
    Of course if we want to make a gathering based on community work, and expect volunteers to invest time and energy, make everything from scratch, like rainbow, it can be awesome, but to be honest that’s not really what I’m going for… The passivity and lack of personal investment can be a real burden. I’d rather have a proper event with quality performances, pay the artists and workers decent money (too many time I have been “invited to perform”, not been paid, not even thanked properly…)”

Jonny: “I’m fine with a proper event, with all gate money being distributed among performers, Would be nice if we can be completely transparent about the %ages all the performers should get.”

Jonny Wold

Louis: “But the only infrastructures we really need are toilets and simple showers. The rest (gazebos, tables/chairs and other equipments for stage, vendors) can be rented for a reasonable price.”

Jonny: “Agree. We’d like to create as much as possible from natural materials, that can stay on the land after the event. But this might not be possible for everything, in 3 months. So some stuff may need to be rented.”

Jonny Wold

Louis: “Performers should commit and be paid no less than 1000nt/hours (more if we can), provided with free food/drink vouchers and an extra guest.”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.